Dublin 1, 2009
- Photopolymer intaglio in two colours on Kitikata paper
- Plate size: 14 x 16 1/2 inches
- Sheet size: 16 3/4 x 20 5/8 inches
- Signed and numbered by artist
Edition of 30
- €650 for a pair
€350 for individual print
- Sign up for IMMA membership to avail of a 20% discount. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Contact us directly to purchase the set.
Printed on exquisite handmade Kitikata paper this pair of prints by American artist Terry Winters was created to celebrate his large scale exhibition at IMMA in 2009
Terry Winters was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1949. He studied Fine Art at Pratt University, New York, graduating in 1971. Terry Winters, primarily known for his painting and drawings, is also renowned as a printmaker. His works invoke networks of modular forms and structures, and employ an instinctive, unruly, symbolic language that is based on botanical, biological and technological sciences. He began making prints in 1983 and since this first group of lithographs, the Morula series, 1983–84, he has experimented with various printmaking processes including etching, screenprinting, linoleum and woodcutting.Major international solo exhibitions include the Whitney Museum of American Art, 1991; the Whitechapel Art Gallery, London, 1999; Kunsthalle, Basel, 2000; the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 2001; Pinakothek der Moderne, Munich, 2003 and the Addison Gallery of American Art, 2004. Winters is currently based in New York City and Columbia County, New York.